IOHRD is A non-governmental, non-profit organization having the name “Initiators Organization for Human Rights and Democracy” founded in the Netherlands. It conducts its activity in Limburg, the Netherlands
Our mission is monitor the human rights situation in Netherland & worldwide to prevent violations by transforming the norms and cultures that enable human rights Initiators(Activists) to carry out the mission of supporting & promoting Human Rights & Democracy by building a critical mass of change agents worldwide — the Breakthrough Generation — whose bold collective action will deliver irreversible impact on the issue of the time human rights & democracy.
- Supporting and promoting democracy and democratic institutions in a way that would guarantee the freedom of opinion, belief, and affiliations, free and competitive elections, respect of the rights of individuals and minorities, freedom of the press, and the rule of law without discrimination.
- Protecting and supporting human rights and spreading human rights culture in the Netherlands & the world according to international and regional charters and covenants.
- Monitoring and eliminating violations of the International Human Rights Law and International humanitarian law, whether perpetrated by a government, a group or an individual.
- Protecting human rights defenders through a joint work with the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) in following up the status of activists and human rights defenders, or by any other means.
- Encouraging and urging European Member States to adhere the EU guidelines on torture which was approved by the European Council in 2001 and revised in 2008 and 2012 (Guidelines to EU Policy towards Third Countries on Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment – an update of the guidelines).
- Supporting the programs and procedures of the integration of weak groups in their societies such as refugees, the displaced, the disabled, the minorities, women, children, etc.